If you meet certain criteria you are eligible to receive a FREE Eye Examination under the NHS.
You can upgrade your NHS eye examination to the Advanced Eye Examination to include an OCT scan for a reduced price. Just let us know when booking your appointment!
You're entitled to a FREE NHS eye test if you:
- are under 16*
- are 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education*
- are 60 or over
- are registered as partially sighted or blind
- have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- have been advised by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- are a prisoner on leave from prison*
- are eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher* – this is if your prescription is +10/-10 or over, or you require prism controlled bifocals. Your optometrist will advise you whether you are eligible for this.
You also qualify for a free NHS sight test if you:
- get Income Support*
- get Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance*
- get Income-based Employment and Support Allowance*
- get Pension Credit Guarantee Credit*
- get tax credits and meet the criteria*
- get Universal Credit and meet the criteria*
- have a low income and are named on a valid NHS HC2 certificate for full help with health costs*
*These criteria also include NHS funded optical vouchers which help with the cost of your glasses.
Book your appointment online, or call us on 0203 981 2907 if you have further questions about your eligibility.