We have introduced new measures in our practice to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. We will be remaining open during the second nationwide lockdown.
To manage the flow of our customers, we ask that you please book an appointment in advance, including for browsing and frame consultations.
On the shop floor
- On entering the practice you will be asked to clean your hands, we have hand washing and hand sanitising stations available for you to do this.
- All frames will be cleaned and sterilised after they have been tried on.
- We aim to ensure strict social distancing measures within the practice. We have limited the number of people allowed to browse frames to 1 household at a time.
- We ask that if there are people inside, a queue is formed outside until advised to enter by our staff.
- Please maintain 2m social distancing protocols where possible in the practice.
Who can visit?
As per government guidelines, we will continue to provide eyecare services, whilst still adhering to strict hygiene protocols.
We do suggest for those who are in the vulnerable group, it may be better to have a telephone consultation first. We may be able to resolve your problem without the need for you to come in.
When booking your appointment
- We ask that you avoid coming in to the practice to book appointments, please call us (0203 981 2907) or book your appointment online.
- Please let us know if you need to be accompanied for your appointment, if you can't attend alone. This will to help manage the amount of people in the practice.
What to expect at your appointment
- You will be asked to wash your hands before your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment with a face covering if possible, if you do not have one we will provide you with a disposable face mask.
- Your optometrist will be wearing full PPE to ensure the eye test is carried out safely, due to the close proximity required.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks and will aim to maintain social distancing where possible.